AT&T and its biggest union, the Communications Workers of America, said they had agreed to on terms covering 20,000 workers in the US. Among the deals agreed was for AT&T to hire 3,000 people locally for jobs that have been previously outsourced, mostly overseas. AT&T’s workers have been focused on their employer’s outsourcing of call center jobs outside of the US. The carrier has reportedly moved 8,000 call center jobs since 2011 to countries including the Philippines. AT&T said it committed to hire 3,000 people in the local areas to fill work that is currently mostly performed offshore. The announcement marks another in a long line of successful deals.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information