US Congressmen Gene Green and David McKinley have reintroduced the US Call Center and Consumer Protection Act, which seeks to keep companies from outsourcing jobs overseas. The bill will make companies that move call centers overseas ineligible for grants or guarantee loans from the US government. The legislation is similar to a bill introduced in 2013 that would have required disclosure of a call center location to consumers. With call center jobs moving overseas to India, the Philippines, and other countries, Green said this legislation will protect call center workers throughout the US, and American consumers from unfair treatment. McKinley said the number one priority of Congress is protecting and creating American jobs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information