Australian Ambassador to the Philippines Amanda Gorely said Australian companies are looking at investments in the Philippines in the sectors of business process outsourcing (BPO), telecommunications, energy, and mining. In an interview with the Philippine News Agency, Gorely said Australian companies remain optimistic in doing business in the Philippines and find the country a very good place to invest. The report, however, did not specify the Australian companies that are interested in the country’s BPO sector. Beepo, an Australian BPO, has already expanded in the Philippines, with plans to hire up to 5,000 workers in the next five years. Gorely also said Australia and the Philippines have strong bilateral relations and a sound economic partnership.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information