The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has revealed that the country’s information technology – business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) sector posted stronger growth last year and is poised for further grow in 2016. Senen Perlada, DTI Director of Export Marketing Bureau, said the IT-BPO sector posted stronger growth of at least 15%, outperforming the entire services exports that grew just 9.6%. The Philippine Statistics Authority has yet to release the official 2015 exports growth. For this year, Perlada said the country’s exports are projected to recover from -3% in 2015. Overall figures this year could hit USD87bn, Perlada said. He cited the Chinese government’s move to stimulate growth by coming up with a stimulus package as one of the factors that will propel the country’s exports this year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information