The Philippine Institute for Development Studies (PIDS) said the country will remain an attractive destination for Australian investments. PIDS visiting research fellow Peter K. Ross and entrepreneur Mike O’Hagan said Australia’s small and medium enterprises can be a potential market for micro-offshoring services offered by Philippine-based business process outsourcing (BPO) firms. The expected continuous growth of the Australian SME sector should provide entrepreneurial opportunities for local Filipino SMEs looking to enter and tap the market, Ross and O’Hagan said. The PIDS report noted that that the Philippines’ location also favors Australian firms because there is only a two-hour difference to the Australian Eastern Standard time.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information