To prevent the relocation of a business process outsourcing firm, Bacolod City councilors have asked President Rodrigo Duterte to make the Bacolod Capitol Corporate Center (BCCC) a special economic zone. The council said financial services firm, ARB Call Facilities, Inc., is leasing the entire BCCC building. Councilor Em Ang, who proposed the resolution, said the firm will not continue to operate in the city and is likely to relocate to one of its facilities outside the country unless the BCCC is declared a special economic zone that comes with the related incentives. The council said the Philippine Economic Zone Authority approved Board Resolution 17-040 endorsing the application for the special economic zone status to the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in January 2017. The DTI endorsed the resolution to the Office of the President on March 5, 2017 and received by the Office of the Deputy Executive Secretary for General Administration on March 27.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information