The city of Bacolod is no longer in the world’s Top 100 Super Cities list. The 2019 Tholons Services Globalization Index (TSGI) saw three Philippine cities drop from the rankings. Aside from Bacolod, which placed 89th last year, the cities of Iloilo and Sta. Rosa are also no longer included in the list. John Dave Dueñas, president of Bacolod-Negros Occidental Federation for Information and Communications Technology, said that the city’s exclusion is a blow to the local information and technology-business process management (IT-BPM) industry. Dueñas explained that several factors were considered in the 2019 index, but that data for Bacolod and Negros Occidental was not available on the Digital Cities Philippine portal, which was created for investors and locators to validate information on a particular locality. This year, only three Philippine cities made it to the top 100: Manila, which retained its second ranking, and Cebu and Davao, which dropped from 11th to 12th and 75th to 95th, respectively.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information