An unidentified business process outsourcing (BPO) company currently located at the Freeport Area of Bataan is expected to make a major expansion this year, according to the Authority of the Freeport Area Bataan chairman and administrator Deogracias Custodio, who also revealed that the Bataan ecozone has received P107bn worth of investments from foreign and local firms over the past six years. Custodio did not name the existing BPO firm, but he said the company has already announced its plan to embark on a substantial expansion project this year. For the first three months of this year, the AFAB has approved P1.984bn worth of investment pledges, the majority of which comprise BPO firms.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information