Information and communication technology (ICT) stakeholders in the Brunei Darussalam-Malaysia-Philippines-East ASEAN Growth Area (BIMP-EAGA) are set to gather in Puerto Princesa City, Palawan, for an ICT conference. According to reports, the BIMP-EAGA ICT Cluster Meeting and Livelihood Exchange Forum will be held from June 24-26 this year. It targets various industries, including business process outsourcing, telecommunications, facilities outsourcing, and IT, among others. About 500 local, national, and foreign participants are expected to attend the conference, according to Ernesto Tomas of the Mindanao Development Authority (MinDA). Assistant Secretary Alan Silor, of the Department of Information and Communication Technology (DICT), said the event will promote local and national investments. The BIMP-EAGA ICT conference is organized by the Palawan provincial government, in partnership with the local government of Puerto Princesa City, DICT, MinDA, and the Palaweño ICT Association (PICTA).
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information