With a pool of Arabic-speaking talent, Mindanao has the potential to become an IT-BPM destination that could serve the Middle East market. This was the pronouncement of Samuel Matunog, Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Davao President. He said the newly signed Organic Law for the Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao could enhance investments in the ICT industry in the whole island. He said the ICT’s role would be crucial in Bangsamoro development because it is an enabler of better governance engagement with citizens. Matunog said the development will take time, but it could be a game changer for the Bangsamoro region. Matunog also mentioned the cable project of BIMP-EAGA region that aims to connect the Bangsamoro region with the BIMP states in Malaysia, Indonesia and Brunei with a broadband submarine cable.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information