Blockchain, the technology behind cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin, can help the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) industry migrate to the next digital wave and create jobs, according to Randy Knutson, head of Manila-based firm Dynaquest Technology Services, an IT company. Blockchain offers a very effective way to give full transparency to transactions and control for its users. Consequently, it can help the country digitize all sorts of industries, creating new job opportunities as a result. Knutson was in Bacolod recently for the workshop on blockchain, The Bacolod Blockchain Initiative. The event was organized by the Bacolod Negros Occidental Federation for Information and Communications Technology (BNEFIT) with the support of Ethereum World, an incubator based in Singapore; DynaQuest Technology Services; and HYBrain Development Corporation, a Bacolod-based software development firm. Organizers said the main purpose of the event was to introduce blockchain technologies into the BPO industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information