The Board of Investments (BOI) is now finalizing the general polices and specific guidelines of the new three-year investment blueprint that includes a provision that ends the perks to business process outsourcing (BPO) firms. The BOI blueprint stated that the perks granted to BPO investments in Metro Manila will be lifted by 2019 as the government seeks to funnel fresh capital to the provinces. The 2017 Investment Priority Plan (IPP) includes more SME-oriented, innovation-drive, health and environment conscious activities. According to the memorandum, there is a deliberate policy to shift investments to the countryside.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information