Automation and artificial intelligence impacting on the local outsourcing industry will not stop the demand for more office space by business process outsourcing (BPO) companies, according to Christophe Vicic, Philippines country head of global real estate consulting firm JLL. The real estate industry is expected to grow again this year on the back of high demand for office space from BPO and gaming companies. A stable demand is expected to boost development not only in Metro Manila, but also in other major cities around the country. Office space leasing, according to JLL’s projections, will grow between 10% and 15% this year. Vicic said the popularity of flexible, co-working space provided by companies such as FlySpaces and WeWork, will also further drive demand.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information