Export earnings in the business process outsourcing (BPO) sector grew by 12.8% last year, this according to a report by the central bank of the Philippines, Banko Sentral ng Pilipinas. The 12.8% increase in 2016 amounted to USD20.2bn as compared to the USD17.9bn in 2015. The central bank further reported that the country’s primary income account also increased 39.7% to USD2.6bn, whereas the net receipts in the secondary income rose 7.3% to USD25bn. However, economists warned about potential downside risks to BPO services exports as some US investments in the sector are currently on hold due to the anti-outsourcing policies of the Trump administration.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information