Convergys is set to close its Ogden call center on May 26. Convergys corporate communications director Ed Loyd in an e-mail disclosed that up to 209 workers may be affected by the closure. However, he cited that affected employees can apply for work at home programs or transfer to other Convergys location. There were reports though that Convergys will also shut down its Orem and Cedar City facilities at the same time, affecting up to 130 employees in Orem and 77 in Cedar City. Convergys sites in Salt Lake City and Logan will continue to operate with more than 1,000 team members.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information