Business process outsourcing firms in Cebu have participated in the river cleanup drive recently organized by the Cebu City Environment and Natural Resources Office (CCENRO). Hundreds of BPO employees joined at least 2,000 volunteers from CCENRO, non-government organizations, and others in cleaning up the Bulacao River. The activity resulted in the fishing out of 22 tons of trash dumped into the river, according to CCENRO head Ma. Nida Cabrera. The Bulacao River was the first river in the city where CCENRO conducted a cleanup in line with the national program for rehabilitating and restoring the rivers. The next cleanup will involve the Lahug River and the Guadalupe River. After the cleanup, Cabrera said her office will conduct an information campaign to teach residents and owners of businesses how to dispose of their trash properly.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information