Business process outsourcing (BPO) firms have signed up to join this year’s Kalayaan Job and Livelihood Fair organized by the Department of Labor and Employment (Dole) in Negros Occidental. About 4,600 vacancies, including those at BPO companies, will be made available to job seekers who will participate in the jobs fair on June 12, according to Dole. Of the total job vacancies, about 2,422 will be offered by 20 local companies. The rest are through 10 licensed agencies. Local jobs are those in the outsourcing industry, including customer services representatives and technical support associates; heavy equipment mechanic, engineers, welder and crane operators for manufacturing; and drivers, conductors, and accountants for the transport sector. Dole Negros Occidental OIC Mary Agnes Capigon said the Kalayaan jobs fair is just one of the continuing measures of the agency to increase the employment rate in the province.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information