Business process outsourcing (BPO) companies in the Philippines are highly interested in hiring senior high school graduates, according to the Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP). In Cebu alone, at least 10,000 senior high school graduates are likely to get jobs in call centers as more BPO firms are opening their doors to K-12 finishers, the first batch of which graduated this year. These graduates are already capable of handling basic call center jobs, according to the Cebu IT-BPM.Organization (CIB.O) managing director Wilfredo Sa-a. Although they are not college graduates, under the K-12 program they have undergone an additional two years in high school to prepare them for a college education. In practice, Sa-a said senior high school graduates can be employed in a call center company, at the same time pursue their college education part-time.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information