The business sector in Negros is positive for the local economy due to the growing business process outsourcing (BPO). According to Metro Bacolod Chamber of Commerce and Industry chief executive officer Frank Carbon, the Negros economy is on an uptrend despite the downtrend in the sugar industry. The province’s service sector, including hotels and restaurants, malls, and even land transportation and construction, is booming. Earlier, US-headquartered BPO firm iQor opened a new contact center in Bacolod City in the Negros Island region. The new center will have 200 seats. BPO companies, however, are facing a challenge of recruiting employees in Negros.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information