The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) Davao Region has noted a decline in the number of business process outsourcing (BPO) company name registrations this year. DTI Davao Region Section Chief for Business Registration, Licensing, and Accreditation Ruel Braña said his office had observed how there was a decline in new business name registration applications for BPO companies. He suggested this could be because of stricter policies for online BPO business registrations now. He also said they had observed a decline in manpower services-related business. At the same time, Braña said there was an increase in business registration of food businesses and laundry shops in the city.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information