The Philippine business process outsourcing (BPO) industry will be able to achieve the USD25bn total revenue target for this year, according to an official of the National ICT Confederation of the Philippines (NICP). NICP vice president Samuel Matunog, who is also president of ICT Davao Inc, told Sun.Star Davao that the revenue target of USD25bn for this year is reasonable enough and that industry players in the Davao Region have expressed confidence that the industry will meet the target by the end of the year. In 2014, the Philippine BPO sector posted USD18.9bn in total revenue. Matunog said the industry has enough ready and trainable pools of talent that can address the bullish demands of BPO locators. In Davao, the BPO sector generated some 34,000 jobs by the end of last year.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information