The design of BPO spaces will have an impact on employee productivity, said Wilfredo “Jun” Sa-a Jr., managing director at the Cebu IT/BPM Organization (CIBO). “For typical contact centers, they prefer large wide open spaces from 2,000 to 2,500 square meters floor plate with minimal obstruction (like posts and walls) for easier line of sight,” he told Cebu Daily News in a text message. He also said that bright colors are usually used to accent workspaces to keep BPO employees awake. Accenture’s fifth building in Cebu at the Filinvest Cyberzone Tower 1 shows these features along with wide open spaces. Arvin Yason, Accenture Philippines managing director for technology, also said in an earlier interview that the facility also has movable furniture to reflect the need to be “nimble” in the industry.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information