As the US hardens its stance on the outsourcing of jobs, last week US Congressional Democrats unveiled policy details of their “Better Deal” agenda, including support for crucial legislation, the U.S. Call Center Worker and Consumer Protection Act, which would help rein in the practice of offshoring call center jobs from America. The bill was introduced by Sen. Bob Casey (Pa.), and requires that U.S. callers be told the location of the call center to which they’re speaking; be transferred to a U.S. based call center on request, and to make U.S. companies that offshore call center jobs ineligible for certain federal grants and taxpayer-funded loans. The bipartisan House bill was also introduced by Reps. David McKinley (R-W.Va.) and Gene Green (D-Texas).
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information