The local business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is poised for a record-breaking year and has been expanding every year in the past 15 years. This was the forecast of property developer Davide Leechiu, who also sees another one million people employed in the industry in the next six years. Revenues from the 15-year-old outsourcing industry is set also to mark another milestone this year as it overtakes OFW remittances, which reached about P25 billion in 2015. In terms of office space, the industry has taken up 6 million square meters in 2015 from a mere 6,000 square meters in 2006.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information