The European Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines (ECCP) has listed recommendations for sectors that it believes will enable long-term economic growth in the country. These sectors include business process outsourcing and information technology. European companies have been active in the local outsourcing industry, hiring thousands of Filipinos. Since its establishment in 1978, member companies of the ECCP have created more than 800,000 jobs in the country. The EU’s bilateral trade with the Philippines in the first half of 2017 grew by 17% to USD7.8 billion. Philippine exports to the 28 EU member states increased by 36% in H1 2017 from the same period a year previously, according to official EU data. The ECCP currently has about 800 members across the Philippines. ECCP President Guenter Taus expressed hope that the chamber will continue to serve the European-Philippines business community with “the same vigour and commitment that it has shown over the past 40 years”.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information