South Africa-based ICT solutions and services group Datatec has opened its own shared services center in the Philippines to service clients in Europe, the Middle East and Africa (EMEA) and the Asia Pacific regions. Datatec is an information and communications technology firm that generates about half of its revenues from Europe. Datatec CEO Jens Montanana said the services center will utilize the company’s own skills and control over training and customer service levels and knowledge transfer. The move came after one of the group’s companies, Westcon International, decided to outsource certain services, which then backfired and led to poorer service. Montanana said the company’s decision to set up its own shared service centers will yield better results under the control of the Datatec management.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information