For workers in the BPO industry, artificial intelligence (AI) and automation are two themes that may seem intimidating. But Christian Lauron, a partner in the advisory practices of SGV, said BPO firms need to adapt to the changes if they want to stay competitive. During a forum called Data Brew, Lauron said that the Philippines, given its pool of young people who are good coders and knowledgeable on financial instruments, could be a strong destination for middle office work. Middle office BPO services have generally included positions such as managing risk, as well as those involved with calculating the profits and losses of a financial services company. Normally, these jobs are handled by groups heading the information technology department. As these roles tend to be very technical, BPO workers have a tendency to stay away.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information