The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is not among the industries that US President Donald Trump wants jobs to go back to the United States. This was the pronouncement of Jericho Go, senior vice president of Megaworld Corp. Go said US BPO firms will continue to see the Philippines as an attractive investment destination despite Trump’s protectionist stance. Go told reporters that Philippine BPO jobs complement jobs done in the US and the industry does not steal jobs from Americans. He said the principle of the local BPO industry has always been “if you don’t want to do certain types of jobs, let us do it”. Additionally, American BPO firms setting up offices in the Philippines are able to save as much as 80% of costs, he said.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information