Frank Carbon, president of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce and Industry in Negros Island Region, believes that business process outsourcing (BPO) companies, mostly operated by Americans, will continue to grow in the country. This, despite the anti-US stance of President Rodrigo Duterte, which caused concerns that BPO companies will pull their investments out of the country. Carbon pointed out that several local businessmen are constructing more buildings to accommodate more call centers coming to the Philippines. He said the country’s cheap labor and highly skilled workers will continue to attract new investments and keep existing ones.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information