Coventry Connections, a taxi dispatch company in Canada, is laying off 60 workers at its Ottawa call center and outsourcing their work to the Philippines. The outsourcing was first announced in June and Coventry Connections said the last of the local call takers with the company will be finished as of 19 August. Coventry handles the over-the-phone taxi bookings of Blue Line Taxi, the largest provider of taxi services in the Greater Ottawa Region of Ontario, Canada. According to Coventry, a call center in the Philippines will now be used for the majority of the over-the-phone taxi booking. The company blamed the layoffs on the city’s decision to make Uber services legal.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information