The Contact Center Association of the Philippines (CCAP) said the country’s business process management (BPM) sector is one of those at high risk from data breaches. However, CCAP director Tonichi Achurra-Parekh stressed that it is not only the BPM industry that needs to make protecting data privacy a priority. It is also applicable to other businesses regardless of industry, such as banking, healthcare or pharmaceuticals. The CCAP noted that the country’s BPM sector is already stepping up its data privacy and cybersecurity measures to sustain its competitiveness, but the association is now working on raising awareness of the importance of data privacy and security at the employee level, so that they understand better the true value of customers’ data confidentiality, said Parekh. CCAP is supporting a two-day conference called Data Privacy Asia in Manila next month.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information