The Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) said it intends to sustain the growth of the country’s business process outsourcing (BPO) sector, in line with President Rodrigo Duterte’s policy to make the Philippines the top BPO destination in the world. DICT Undersecretary Monchito Ibrahim, who was speaking in Siquijor recently, said the province can take part in the country’s BPO sector growth by putting in place the right connectivity tools and infrastructure. Outside tourism and agriculture, Siquijor currently has few economic opportunities unless it sets up the right infrastructure, said Ibrahim. The DICT Siquijor office is now open to the public with an internet speed of 4mbps from PLDT. Ibrahim also said that the DICT Office particularly welcomes the development of the Siquijor online freelancer community which could expand its numbers, but does not yet have enough space or computers for training.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information