Cebu City has fallen to 12th place in a new ranking of the Top 100 Super Cities, released by global consulting company Tholons. The city took the 11th spot last year. Wilfredo Sa-a Jr., Cebu IT-BPM Organization managing director, said Cebu lags in digital innovation and adoption, thus accounting for the decline in rank. He added that the list has become more competitive, and that the city still has to do a lot of catching up in terms of digital adoption and startup activities. Factors that were considered in the 2019 index included digital investment, use of artificial intelligence/cloud, number of mobile phone/internet users and regulatory/compliance. Aside from Cebu, Manila has remained in the second spot, while Davao fell from 75 in 2018 to 95 this year. Sta. Rosa, Bacolod, and Iloilo failed to make it to the top 100. The country also fell from second place last year to fifth this year in the Top 50 Digital Nations list.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information