The managing director of the Cebu IT-BPM Organization (CIB.O) has urged the local information technology and business process management (IT-BPM) sector to adapt to the growing demands of their global clientele. Wilfredo Sa-a said that aside from the usual contact center business, which Cebu is known for, companies should consider other areas where they can offer outsourcing services. Sa-a cited non-voice, back office operations, shared services, IT outsourcing, finance and accounting, health information management services, engineering services, banking services, and digital content as among the many areas which they can explore. He added that companies should use new products and services from startups, which can include robotics, data labeling, artificial intelligence, programming, and digital solutions, to meet the needs of specific clients. Meanwhile, Sykes Synergy senior director Franklin Pasayloon said there is a need for the IT-BPM sector to partner with local governments, academia, and the communities to bridge the industry from tech-voc to digital.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information