The Cebu IT-BPM Organization (CIB.O) has lauded the Cebu Provincial and Cebu City governments for promoting digital innovations in governance. Both bagged awards at this year’s Digital Cities Philippines. Cebu City won two awards. One for the Best Data Driven Governance Award for its GeoHazard Mapping Info System, and the other for the Best in e-Gov Systems for Global Competitiveness for their Cebu Business Application and Online Analytics. Cebu Provincial won the grand prize for Best in e-Government Business Empowerment (G2B) for its Smart Utilities for Government Business Operations Program. They also got third place for Best in e-Government for Government Inter-Operability award for its Cebu Province Health Office Teams. CIB.O managing director Wilfredo Sa-a Jr. said these awards will enhance Cebu’s image among existing and potential investors. Sa-a Jr. stressed the importance of using technology solutions and hardware to improve efficiency, effectiveness, speed and transparency at delivering basic services in government.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information