The Cebu City government is inviting potential employees in the Business Process Management – Information Technology (BPM-IT) to a jobs fair on 9 September. The jobs fair, according to Councilor Joy Augustus Young, is done as part of the city’s effort to attract more employees to meet the growing demand of the BPM industry in Cebu City and nearby areas. Young, Chairman of the Committee on Education in Cebu City, said the recruitment efforts include senior citizens and members of women’s organizations who are still productive members of the workforce. Cebu City Mayor Tomas Osmeña hopes to bring up to 200,000 the number of employees in the BPM industry by 2019, up from the current 140,000 employees.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information