Most IT-BPO companies in Cebu are willing to hire fresh senior high-school graduates next year to meet the manpower demand of the industry. This was revealed by Jun Sa-a, managing director of Cebu-IT Business Process Management Organization (CIB-O). He said the willingness of the IT-BPO firms to hire senior high-school graduates has prompted CIB-O to hold career caravans in different senior high schools in Cebu to entice soon-to-be graduates to join the industry. Sa-a added that senior high graduates are already 18 years old and are employable. The implementation of the K-12 program of the government means there will be no college graduates in 2018 and 2019.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information