Cebuanos need to change their mindset in order for Cebu to fully transform into a digital city, according to information technology and telecommunications experts. The panelists at the recent Transformation Summit pointed out that Cebuanos should adopt a digital mindset in order to embrace digitalization. Mitch Locsin, first vice president and head of PLDT Enterprise, said Cebu is one of their key areas when it comes to connectivity advancement. She said that more of their fiber footprint is in Cebu after Manila, as ICT is growing in Cebu with the presence of business process management and enterprises businesses. According to Butch Velasquez, Globe Telecom product marketing head, Cebu is fast becoming an IT hub with companies competing both regionally and globally. Meanwhile, Aseem Roy, Wipro Philippines country head, urged academia to offer more courses related to IT. Wilson Ng, president of Ng Khai Corp, asked those who sell digital solutions to brick-and-mortar establishments to identify the market’s needs and how people adapt to innovation.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information