The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry in Cebu continues to grow and is forecast to generate USD2.4bn in total revenues by 2017, according to the Cebu City government IT-BPO roadmap. The roadmap also sees 150,000 BPO employees in Cebu next year, from the current 95,000. However, local economist Fernando Fajardo said in his column for the Cebu Daily News that the challenge for Cebu would be to get at least 20% of the national BPO and knowledge process outsourcing market. Currently, Cebu has a total of 129 BPO locators, employing 95,000 people. Cebu, which is in the top 10 of 100 emerged global outsourcing cities, also has four IT Parks.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information