Cebu remains a strong market for the information technology – business process outsourcing (IT-BPO), but needs to maintain its efforts at branding it as a BPO hub to maintain its status. According to Wipro regional head for Asia Pacific and Japan Jibin Arjunan, who spoke during the Asia CEO Forum last week, Cebu remains attractive for IT-BPO companies , but the city needs to improve the infrastructure facilities and quality of the talent pool if it is to remain competitive. Arjunan also expressed general optimism for Cebu, citing the province’s several economic drivers, but pointed out that there are significant disruptions that may develop as the IT-BPO industry enters a new age. Cebu has consistently made it to the Tholons top 10.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information