The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) in Central Visayas said Cebu needs more business process outsourcing (BPO)-ready offices to address the anticipated rise in demand from outsourcing firms. DTI Central Visayas director Nelia Navarro told local reporters that real estate developers in Cebu should invest in office development as demand is expected to rise following Cebu’s ranking at the world’s 7th top outsourcing destination in the world. To further increase Cebu’s ranking, the industry needs to lure more investors and the best way to attract additional investments would be to have ready facilities to accommodate them, Navarro said. She also called on the further improvement of Cebu’s BPO talent pool in terms of quality and supply to stay competitive.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information