The latest Tholons 100 ranking of the world’s top outsourcing destinations showed that Cebu improved its position from last year’s eight spot to this year’s seventh, dislodging Pune in India from the position. However, Jun Sa-a, managing director of Cebu Educational Development Foundation for Information Technology (Cedfit), said Cebu should work further to improve its current ranking. In an interview with local reporters, Sa-a said the industry in Cebu must be willing to do its share to cultivate talent to make the IT-BPM sector sustainable. He added that on the government side, Cebu should work on its infrastructure and introduce efficient mass transport system to prevent a Manila-like traffic gridlock that may turn investors off. India’s Bangalore tops the latest Tholons list, followed by Manila.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information