The Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (BSP), the country’s central bank, expects earnings of the IT and business process outsourcing (IT-BPO) sector to reach USD24.4 billion this year, up 10% from last year. Given the projected figure, IT-BPO earnings are set to grow faster than remittances from Filipinos working abroad. According to the BSP, cash remittances are expected to reach USD29.2 billion this year, representing a growth rate of only 4%. IT-BPO receipts and remittances are the two major drivers of the Philippine economy. The BSP added that remittances processed through banks reached USD11.82 billion as of the end of May, up 4.2% from USD11.35 billion for the same period in 2017. These cash remittance figures are traced through banks, correspondent banks and remitters from the US, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, United Arab Emirates, UK, Japan, Qatar, Hong Kong, Germany and Kuwait.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information