Cognizant president for digital systems and technology Debashis Chatterjee said the company will continue to look for acquisitions that further expand its geographic footprint. In 2016, Cognizant completed four full buyouts and two partial ones. Eight of its 16 acquisitions in the past six years were during the past two years, including Sydney-based information technology services provider Adaptra. Chatterjee said Cognizant will continue to focus on organic growth and make strategic ‘tuck-under’ acquisitions or investments to help expand its digital, platform capabilities, strengthen its domain, consulting and analytics capabilities.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information