Iloilo City’s population of skilled college graduates has made it attractive for business process outsourcing (BPO) companies. The city has about 30 colleges and universities producing 15,000 graduates every year, with 20% majoring in business, 15% in math and information technology, and 6% in engineering. Property consultancy Colliers International cited the feasibility of the BPO sector in Iloilo City shifting from voice services currently to higher-value services such as health information management (HIM) and software engineering. Colliers said a number of universities in the city have already incorporated medical transcription courses in their regular nursing and medical technology programs.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information