Colombia and the Philippines have officially committed to explore trade and investment opportunities in sectors such as information technology and business process outsourcing (BPO). The agreement was reached following the 4th bilateral consultation mechanism (BCM) meeting between Manila and Bogota last week. The two sides are set to convene again at the 5th BCM in Colombia in 2019 to follow up on the earlier discussions. As part of the discussions last week, the Philippine government has expressed willingness to open an embassy in Colombia as the two governments start to explore the ways to strengthen bilateral ties. As of 2013, the Philippines’ total exports to Colombia totaled only US$21.6 million, while Colombia’s exports to the Philippines were at US$10.7 million – a small chunk of both nations’ trade.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information