A recent study conducted by outsourcing firm Sitel showed the majority of consumers still prefer interacting with humans. This is despite the fact that most of the outsourcing industry is gearing up for the takeover by artificial intelligence and robotics. The 2018 Index Report released by Sitel showed that about 70% of those surveyed about their customer service preference said they would rather speak to a human customer service representative than engage with a digital customer service rep or chatbot. The biggest reason given was they were not confident digital assistants could understand and help with their requests. About 38% of those surveyed said they got frustrated by having to repeat the same concern to multiple people during a single customer service call. They also didn’t like being put on hold. Additionally, about 61% of consumers said getting personalized messages via email from companies they have a business relationship with was important.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information