Another 117 employees stand to lose their jobs at the US site of Concentrix in Watertown. The additional cuts put the total number of announced layoffs at 232 in the past two weeks. The move comes after another service contract Concentrix had with one of its clients serviced at its Watertown office will come to an end on the 30 June 2019. The redundancies will primarily be in customer support associates, trainers, and team leaders, said Brooke Beiting, senior specialist of communications for Concentrix at its headquarters in Fremont, California. Beiting said the work program is departing the site because of changes in the business requirements of the client. The move follows another contract due to be terminated on 30 April, which led the company to announce the layoff of 115 workers earlier.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information