Content moderation outsourcing continues to boom in the Philippines according to officials of business process outsourcing firm TaskUs. The company, which describes itself as a “customer experience” agency, revealed that it has quadrupled its workforce to 8,000 from just 1,900 in 2014 due to content moderation clients. Sol Rellita, operations director of TaskUs, disclosed that Western culture has made the Philippines a prime location for content moderation, which protects millions of innocent users from experiencing offensive content. TaskUs has in-house psychologists to help employees deal with the effects of the job on their mental well-being and operates in six offices. Its Cavite office is among the biggest and features gaming areas, a sleeping lounge and sitting nooks.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information