The Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has partnered with the Department of Information and Communications Technology (DICT) to help jobless residents of Davao City to earn a living online through its Tech4Ed program. The program provides access points for individuals and communities to bridge the digital and education divide, and promotes grassroots development and opportunities for inclusive growth and poverty reduction. Through the program, DTI-Davao del Sur Provincial Director Delia Ayano said, Dabawenyos (residents of Davao) will have access to information, communications, technology, government services, non-formal education, skills training, tele-health, job markets, and business portals. Dabawenyos will be taught technical skills such as virtual assistance, business processing services, and online marketing to match job opportunities. The DTI and the DICT inked an agreement to use the 13 Negosyo Centers in Davao Region which are part of a DTI initiative providing help to small businesses.
Join the world's premier outsourcing community
Get the world's leading outsourcing news summary, Inside Outsourcing, delivered to your inbox each week, for free. Plus, benefit from being a part of the fastest growing outsourcing community.
- Breaking news: daily web updates with outsourcing sector updates
- Newshub: Browse over 4,000 outsourcing industry news items
- Access: get outsourcing white papers, guides, articles, videos and podcast episodes
- BPO community: join our extensive outsourcing community
- Cancel anytime: zero obligation, no spam, just great information